Nov 20, 2011

Nov 20, 2011
_______We never would have imagined in 4 months we'd be expecting triplets!!!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

You find out what your made of...

Wow, so a little over a week into this whole bed rest thing and I think Clark and I are seeing sides of each other we hadn't really explored before!  He's always known that I tend to be a control freak, very particular, nit-picky and that I really like to clean, like I really, really enjoy cleaning and organizing!  I've always known that he didn't mind my doing those things or being that way, but it was definitely not for him.  Now that all household responsibilities have fallen to him I can only imagine how he may have been scared that he may set me off or that I would be very bossy and particular and try to micro-manage him...however, I have surprised myself with how much I just don't care that things aren't being done the way I do them.  I am just so grateful that he's home and that he can take care of even the smallest things around the house that the way things are done or how often they are done doesn't even occur to me!  Now I've always known that Clark is easy going, makes the best of things and he really just enjoys life and that was one of the most attractive things to me about him.  He's not one of those overly positive people, but he just never dwells on the negative and he's not the type to get mad or stay mad over small things.  But I must admit, I was fearful that he may be resentful of the situation, I dreaded the thought of him resenting every time I needed a refill on my water, or another snack, or run to the store for what I happen to be craving at the moment, since I am not supposed to be up at all other than trips to the bathroom, doctor and for now I still am allowed my weekly trip to church.  He has just shocked me at how willing he is to hop up and get something for me or clear away a dish when I'm finished.  The other night we had a trip to the ER for a overactive gallbladder and he was such a trooper.  I just constantly worry that the next thing I ask for or the next emergency will push him over his limit (probably because that's what I'd expect from myself).  This week has gone by quite smoothly, there is still a bit of adjusting for the both of us, and after this there will be the adjusting to having our children home and becoming parents.  I guess the highlight of the week was yesterday, when we got home from the ER at 5am, we had a quick bite and then both retired to bed and slept until about 1:30 in the afternoon.  When we got up we just had a lazy day around the house and at some point, while I was sitting on the couch moving all around trying to get comfortable from still having this horrible pain from the gallbladder deal, Clark was sitting on the adjacent recliner and simply looked over at me and said, "Hey I love you, thanks for carrying my babies" and that right there just kinda made all the discomfort go away.  I've been thanking him so much for all he's been doing, and I appreciate his effort and hard work.  Then, suddenly I was reminded that I am a lot busier than I seem, I've got 3 little miracles growing inside me, depending on me for their every need and it just felt so nice to be thanked for the job I'm doing.  Clark is still adjusting to being home and not having to 'spring into action' at any given moment, he's still on a heightened alert, but all things considered he's doing a great job for leaving a war zone and then having so much on his plate the second he gets home...no time for relaxing or regrouping from his time downrange!

1 comment:

  1. so sorry your gallbladder had the gall not to like 3 babies sharing it's space. I had mine removed after our firstborn. =( so i know the pain. If it makes you feel better, I thought it was worse than labor! Glad you are adjusting to bed rest well.

    ReplyDelete