I knew it was coming, I knew it would be at 20 weeks, the whole week and a half prior I was trying to really prepare. Most of my preparation was getting my husband, Clark home from Afghanistan to be available to help me, since we have no family and only a few friends here. My mom had been out 2 weeks before to help clean and organize, I felt like we got so much accomplished, but the second the doctor checked the box for 'strict bedrest' my heart sank...I looked at my husband and just felt so sorry for him! He'd been home for 2 days and now he has this huge responsibility put on him. I couldn't help but feel guilty like I'd done this to him...we are on day 2 of bed rest and he's beginning to show me that he is so much more amazing than I already knew he was!
This is not going to be easy, I already get frustrated at having to bug my husband for a glass of water, or something so petty, I just think to myself, "it's a glass of water, why can't you just leave the man alone and get it yourself!?"
I bought books, yarn and dvds in preparation for this and already find myself becoming terribly bored! I am 20 weeks pregnant with triplets, and I know this will not last forever...as a matter of fact it can't last more than 15 weeks, so I'm trying to take each day as is comes, obey the doctor's orders, and not be too much of a pest to Clark! Praying for 3 healthy, happy, perfect babies at the end of this road, then we can turn down the next road!
Hey, Elaine! This is Katie... your friend from long ago camp days. ;) Heard you were expecting triplets! I've been thinking about you (absolutely can't imagine having one, let alone three:) and then saw your link on Kelley's blog. Keeping you guys in my prayers... I'm sure you have many needs right now. Don't know what they all are but it's nice to know that God knows each specific one! Take care!
ReplyDelete