Nov 20, 2011

Nov 20, 2011
_______We never would have imagined in 4 months we'd be expecting triplets!!!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Just One Of Those Days...


So, there really is no way to 'prepare' for bed rest...I got tons of pregnancy/baby/parenting books...I got yarn to knit sweet little baby blankets....I have all my wedding lists out, trying to finish up my wedding thank-yous and get started on my baby shower thank-yous (although I think I may wait for them to be born so I can have sweet babies pictures included on those) ...but...I don't want to do any of those things!!!  I want to do laundry, I want to scrub the house from top to bottom, I want to pack up for our move in a month, I want to prepare a real meal, I want to "nest"....I WANT UP AND I WANT OUT!!!  
This really is something that you can't plan for, and you have no idea how you will react or how it will affect you until you're reacting and being affected.  I try to focus on the positive and be logical, I really am a logical person, but this is my brain on progesterone!  I feel like such a burden to my husband, not that he makes me feel that way, but because I assume I must be.  This whole bed rest thing is just cruel, especially to a person who is already mentally and emotionally unstable because of the pregnancy that’s forcing them on bed rest to begin with, ugh!  I sit here all day, alone...well, there is Iggy the dog, and I am starting to act like my 94 year old grandmother to her cats; trying to have a real conversation with the dog, commenting to him about whats on TV, or telling him about something interesting I just read....I should stop before people reading this get together and have me admitted!  But I just sit here, and wait for my husband to get home, and then act like a 5 year old starved for attention and human interaction and jump him!  I ask 50 questions about his day…what did you do, who did you talk to, did you do anything fun, huh, huh, huh???  I tell him all about every little thought I had that day…it’s almost funny.  Maybe it’s preparation for three 5 year olds someday?!

I really love being pregnant, I just didn't expect to be having triplets, and while I am over the moon about being so blessed, I must admit I feel like I am getting jipped on the real pregnancy experience because of all the conditions and restrictions placed on me due to the heightened risk of carrying multiples.  Part of me can't wait to do it again and enjoy some of the things I am missing out on by being stuck in the sitting or lying position all day, every day.

As for right now, I love finally being able to feel babies moving around in there.  It’s fun trying to guess who is doing what in there and every time I feel a kick or wiggle it’s a pleasant reminder of why I have to sacrifice so much right now….that’s all for now, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment