Nov 20, 2011

Nov 20, 2011
_______We never would have imagined in 4 months we'd be expecting triplets!!!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Worry, worry, sweet relief!

So, today we went to meet with the neonatologist and tour the NICU.  I went in there with so many preconceived notions, mostly from TV and then jazzed up with my wild imagination.  I was expecting to hear little preemie babies crying, the beeps and alarms from the many machines assigned to each baby, nurses and doctors hustling all around.  I was expecting to see down trodden parents everywhere, skinny little babies suffering left and right, I'm not exactly sure where I got all these ideas, but that was my idea of a NICU.  


Boy, was I surprised, lucky for Clark he's been working in the medical field for quite some time both as a civilian and in the military as well as his experience on the fire department.  He is used to emergency situations, he knows how to stay clam and I love that about him, his ability to remain clam, logical and rational and work through an issue amazes me, I'm not a total nut, but I have a tendency to freak a little more.  


We met with the doctor and he was very informative, I felt like he made sure we understood everything he was saying, he also listened to us intently and was very sincere.  He answered all of our questions with the utmost consideration and compassion for our situation and just seemed very understanding that this experience will not be the easiest thing for us, or any parent for that matter.  I love that, so many times I feel doctors forget the things we experience can scare us so much because it is so routine for them, they see it all the time and for us it's a once in a lifetime circumstance.  I like being acknowledged for my particular case and treated like the individual I am.  When we went into the actual NICU is was so quit and peaceful, he introduced us to some of the staff and it was all very reassuring.  We never even got to see an actual baby or parent, everything to so private and personal.  It made me feel better, too knowing that when it's my turn in there, it won't be the pure chaos and stress I was expecting.  The best news was finding out that even once we have one or two babies home, we can bring them in with us to visit their sibling, that was a big relief!!!  I was so worried about having to choose what baby got more of my attention on any given day until there were all home with us, it was music to my ears!!!


Our normal baby appointment was right after the NICU appointment, and everything/everyone is looking good!  A is way on the bottom in his little private corner while B and C are always in each other's business!  Today they were facing each other, looked like they were having a staring contest.  Then it looked like he was possible kissing her forehead, and finally he had his hand covering his ear, as though she was talking too much and annoying him, it was very entertaining!  I love our weekly peek at them, being on bed rest now I just live for each appointment to get to see them and see what they're up to in there.  I'm feeling stronger kicks and wiggles inside and that's fun, Clark enjoys getting to feel them being active in there, too!


That's all for now, I feel very relieved after the information we got today.  Ultimately everything is in the hands of our mighty God, and I believe He wants to bless us beyond our wildest dreams, He already has in so many ways! I know God will see us through and give us all we need to triumph over this time of uncertainty and general feeling of major vulnerability...He's got us right where He wants us: relying solely on Him.   

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping all of us posted! What an amazing journey you are beginning....wish we were closer, but we will enjoy through your writing!
    Think of you often.....hugs!

    ReplyDelete